Tuesday 6 September 2011

a days grace

at the days close
i am confused
bewildered and stunned 
into silence
i pray that He will
settle all things
as i dream
i pray that He will undo
my imaginings
the imaginings that set themselves up as my gods
i pray that He will forgive me
for considering Him slow to comfort me
i pray that He be patient with me
as i struggle to forgive and release others from the debt
i pray that He turn not away from me
as i say, yes my Lord, i see your point
i pray that He show my hidden pride delicately
that i will not faint from my foolishness and my stubborn desire to be as Him
i pray He forgives my continuous rebellion of past and present
i pray i have seen His provision for the day i am leaving 
i pray He releases me from the lies of supposed need
and grant me a thankful heart
i pray that He grants me courage
to cast down all things vain  
that hold my heart far from Him
i pray that He is patient with me
when i am slow to hand over my hurt
i pray He forgives me more than i deserve


and as my breathing slows
and peace enters my heart
i know
i have used this days grace
amen






No comments:

Post a Comment