Thursday 27 October 2011

i took a long time to be baptised...


because i knew it would change my life...


i knew He would honour His word...


and destroy anything and everything that stood between me and Him...


anything and everything...


anything and everything...


that stood between me and Him...


He allowed nothing, nothing, nothing...


nothing at all to seduce Him away from


me.


Not His power
Not His glory
Not His might
Not His mother
Not His father
Not His friends
Not a whisper of blessings...
Not a show of tears....
Not a promise of abundance...


no thing...


seduced Him away from me


not undeserved abuse
nor undeserved violence against His body
nor betrayal of close friends
nor cursed spits upon His face
nor persecution
nor sickness
nor disease
nor madness


nor my rebellion
nor my doubt
nor my sin
nor my self righteousness
nor my unrelenting addiction to me...
nor death...


stopped Him.


when He could have fought for Himself
and deserved to fight for Himself...


i would have called to Him...
You don't have to put up with this...
You don't have to put up with that...
You are innocent...
slay them, i would have called...
they aren't worth it...
stand up for Your rights...
i would be up the front demanding His rights...


but...


He knew His rights...
and He waived them.



No comments:

Post a Comment